Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Friday, December 12, 2014

MTC Week 2 - Kaukauwa kei Wananavu (Hard and Awesome)

Ni bula vinaka!

Week 2 is coming to a close and it's just getting harder, better, worse, and more awesome than ever before. We taught out first investigator all this week, and though some lessons were worse than others, we learned a lot about our purpose as missionaries and how to teach people, not lessons. One lesson I had the investigator read the story of Alma the Younger's conversion - except I gave the wrong scripture references! And since we read it in Fijian, I only knew some of the words, so I had no idea until the end what had happened! We've also learned a lot about Fijian culture, such as it's rude to talk down to a person, meaning you always have to talk at their level. If they're sitting on the floor, you have to get down to their level before speaking to them. Also, we take our shoes off and leave them outside the door. This place is awesome. (Both Fiji and the MTC)

It's been a hard week, to be honest. Lots of classes, lots of praying and learning the language, lots of really processed food (I mean, it's good, but super processed). We have an Elder in our district who's having a really hard time, he might be reassigned due to a previous injury he hadn't told anyone about. Not because he hadn't said anything, but just for his safety. He's a really awesome guy and a recent convert, so keeping him in your prayers would be wananavu (awesome). Keep me in your prayers too, and my companion, because we're both starting to get sick and I'm losing my voice. Not cool! At least we have the Spirit with us.

I've had a lot of great experiences this week too, Especially involving the Spirit. When you are close to Him, He helps you draw closer to your Heavenly Father and your Savior. He also answers questions and doubts you didn't even know you had. I learned that a bunch this week. Our Heavenly Father loves us, and wants us to know the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ. He's there for us, so he not only provided a Savior for us, he gave us a constant, unfailing guide. Don't forget about the Holy Ghost, not for one second.

I love you all!


Elder Barnaby

No comments:

Post a Comment