Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Ceguoca (Exhausted) (Matei/Qeleni Area, Week 13)

This is one of my favorite pictures.

Honestly, just sitting here, I'm so tired it's like not even funny. Well, it's kinda funny. But at least we're exhausted for a good reason! Lots of work went down this week!

Just got back from Labassa
Where do I begin? We started with another trip up to Labasa on Vanua Levu Island - we went up on Monday, came back on Tuesday evening, got CHICKEN ALFREDO in Savusavu (that doesn't happen in Fiji - I was on cloud nine), and then came back to Taveuni on Wednesday. The boat ride was awful - the waves were so big, I thought I was going to be sick. So, first time I saw the hand of the Lord this week: I didn't throw up. That was good.

But then, then the miracles started flying! On Thursday, Elder Jonutz and I went to the house of a man who said he was interested in sitting with us - while searching for his house, we found his aunt and uncle too, who let us into their house as well. Overall, we found eight new people to share the message Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. That's miraculous! I love it! Elder Jonutz can't stop talking about it - he's so excited to share with these people!
Sa Kidavaki ki na Koro ko Qeleni

Then, we went to Qeleni to continue our work in that area. We switch back and forth between our two areas, so it's pretty fun. Tiring as anything, though. We took three buses on Friday, to and from Qeleni, because we got up to Qeleni and realized that we'd forgotten our key. But the work there is moving! We went to this village called Vurevure, and just the walk there was beautiful! We met some great people there, and we set up several teaching appointments for next week.

Our flat, cause we didn't have power this week! 
Elder Jonutz is a very special person.




Church was good this week, too. Qeleni Branch is a cool place, I can't wait to aid the Lord in His
work in this area. The church building and our flat are both powered by solar panels, but there's something wrong with them, so we didn't have any power during our stay there. It was actually really
exciting, though at night it would be nice to have more than flashlight light. Elder Jonutz got a taste of the "bush" this week, though! It was super fun.
This is the walk from Vurevure Village to Qeleni.



Our Mission President, President Layton, has told us that success and satisfaction in our missionary efforts will only come after we become "consecrated missionaries" - exactly obedient to the commandments and mission standards, work as hard as we can, become truly teachable, and develop a personal relationship with the Savior, Jesus Christ. I caught a glimpse this week of what following that pattern can bring. Now, I want to try harder than ever to be the servant my Heavenly Father needs me to be!


Elder Barnaby

"Para, para, paradise!" - Coldplay



No comments:

Post a Comment