Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Fall-throughs and Follow-ups (Tavua Area Week 2)

a road heading to a koro (village)
Elder Barnaby in front of the church building in Tavua


Bula tale!
This week flew by in the fastest way. I can't believe I'm here again, emailing everyone! It feels like I just got here yesterday. I think I'm going to be saying that for the next two years.
This week was a difficult week, to say the least. We had a lot of ups and a lot of downs, but we got through it regardless. I learned a lot about perseverance and diligence this week. We had District Meeting on Tuesday, where the Elders and Sisters from the surrounding areas come together for a kind of training meeting. It was way fun and I learned a bunch! It helped us to reshape our goals for the week, too.
I'll focus on some of the highlights of the week. We sat down with Jope, a less-active Return Missionary. We just talked about his mission and it was a super nice experience, he had some really cool stories too! He's the Bishop's brother and I really hope he comes back to church soon. We don't have a lot of Priesthood Brethren in the Tavua Ward, which is a little discouraging. But that's what we're here for!
On Thursdays, we spend the morning doing service for people, whatever they need help with. We usually have a set service appointment, but this week, we didn't have one. We decided to go around asking if anyone wanted anything done. The problem with Fiji is that everyone is nice - too nice. Everyone we asked said "Set, naka" which is like "we're good, thanks". We ended up walking probably three miles, in flip-flops, trying to find service. We even forded a river to find something to do! No one wanted our help. Isa.
Probably my favorite part of the week was a lesson with one of our investigators, Ana. She's 19 years old and she's genuinely interested in learning about the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! She asks the best questions too. I felt the Spirit so much during our lesson with her, I want her to be baptized way bad! I can't wait to watch her testimony grow as we meet with her again.
The Gospel is true. I know it, I live it, I love it. Through our diligent efforts to keep the commandments, endure to the end, and invite all to come unto Christ, we will be blessed beyond our understanding. Do your best to follow the Savior, because He's going to make your life brighter and happier than you can even imagine! I love you all!
Elda Barnaby
"There are lives to brighten. There are hearts to touch. There are souls to save." -Thomas S. Monson

Elder Beilman 
-Food Food Food -
It so good, and I ate so much that day I thought I was going to explode!

No comments:

Post a Comment