Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Friday, January 2, 2015

MTC Week 5 - Na Kosipel i Jisu Karisito dina! (The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true!)

Ni sa bula vinaka, na veitokani kei na matavuvale!

Well this has been a very long and exciting week. I got my travel itinerary this week, I officially leave the MTC on the 10th of January! I'm so pumped I can't even handle it!

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope yours was better than mine, I spent it sick in bed with a fever and a sore throat! Not the best way to start out the year, but hey, I'm here at the MTC preparing to serve the Lord, this year will only get better!

This was a pretty interesting week, I learned a lot about how the Spirit works in people's lives, especially those ready to receive the gospel. I also learned how important it is to always have the Spirit with you. A lot of people think that you have to be serving a mission or be an Apostle to always feel the Holy Ghost, but that's totally not true! Anyone can feel it's influence if they stay worthy of it! Of course, you need to have received the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and that's where I can help ;)

I gave my first blessing of comfort this week. It was a very new experience for me, something I will not soon forget. For those of you who read this and wonder what I'm talking about, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints who hold the Priesthood can use that authority to bless an individual with comfort and counsel. They do this by laying their hands on the person's head and listening to the guidance of the Spirit to bless the person with specific blessings of what they need to feel and know. If you're still confused, ask either my parents or visit www.mormon.org to learn more about the Priesthood and Priesthood Blessings. It was a sweet experience for me, and drew me closer with that Elder so I could help him with his problems.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It blesses countless lives, and it's only purpose is the selfsame purpose the Lord God has, which is to give lasting joy and "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man" (Moses 1:39). I know it, I live it, I love it, and I want to share it with the world.

Au via wasea na kosipel i Jisu Karisito kei na Vuravura.

Au lomani kemuni!


Elder Barnaby

No comments:

Post a Comment