Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Showered from above (Tavua Area, Week 5)

Bula!

Wow, so much happened this week, I don't know where to start. I guess I'll stick with the highlights.

It rained. It rained almost all this week. Like, I've never seen so much rain. It always seemed to let up when we went out, but there was more than a few times that we got a little wet. Ah well, welcome to Fiji!

Lots of lessons this week, we've started working with some really cool less-active members of the Church. We're helping them to come back to church and overcome problems in their lives. One of them is Waisake, who's 20 years old, and he is the man. Our ultimate goal for him is to help him have a desire to serve a mission - that would be the best! We're going to play Touch-Rugby with him later today. Hopefully I can get some pictures of it, it's going to be way fun!

I'm learning so much here. Not just from the people, but I'm learning how to really live my life properly. As I study the scriptures and go about our daily activities, I'm really learning how to become a better and wiser person. I know I'll be learning throughout my life, but my mission president, President Layton, said to me, "Your mission is the transition from boyhood to manhood, from dependence to independence. You will learn more in these short two years than you would in ten years if you hadn't come on your mission. Watch, learn, and just go." He's the man, if you can't tell.

I'm ready for a great week. We just had transfers, where the missionaries get shifted around to different areas. My companion and I are still in Tavua, but almost all the areas around us have new missionaries. Some of them, I met in the Missionary Training Center in Utah before I got to Fiji! I can't wait to see them again!


This is Elder Barnaby, Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment