Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, April 19, 2015

In the Tavuan Dialect, "Bula" means "Fire" (Tavua Area, Week 14)

And that's what's happening to Tavua Area right now. We are on FIRE! 
Missionary man!

This week has had the most lessons that I've had in the past 3 1/2 months. 18 lessons. And we have a bunch of new and potential-new investigators! I'm so excited! The work is really taking shape in Tavua, and it's just going to get better from here!
COOL RIGHT  - found a new setting on my camera


We have a baptism coming up, not this week but next week. Oh I'm so excited! Nina is awesome, she's so prepared too. Lessons with her are almost hard to teach - she knows so much about the Church and the Restored Gospel! It also helps that she lives with Bishop's family, who have family prayer and scripture study every night and Family Home Evening every Monday. And Bishop is kind of the bishop and Sister Tora is the seminary teacher. So, that helps.  

We've had a lot of cool experiences this week. One that I'd like to share is about how God humbled me. We had some lessons fall through (per the norm), and we were walking through the village trying to think of someone to visit. I told Elder Carlson, "Hey, let's go see Sister Korodrau and see if there's anything we can do to help her." While en route, I proceeded to warn him about all the negative things I knew about Sister Korodrau. Not many people liked her - not even her own children and grandchildren, so I had always gone along. The few times I'd met her, I agreed with them. But when we got to her house, my pride was knocked down below sea level. Sister Korodrau answered the door and said, "Elders! How did you know I needed your help?" She had been going through hard times and wanted to come back to church, and the Spirit guided us to her in her time of need. I was humbled beyond belief - I felt like someone spoke in my mind and said, "There - that'll teach you to talk like that." Sister Korodrau didn't come to church yesterday, but I know now how to treat others, especially as a representative of Him who loves unconditionally.

Never forget that. He never gives up on you. He lives, and that means He plays an active part in all of our lives. He can change us - if we would just come to Him. 
This is Graham Amoi - one of my FAVORITE members. 
And now he's going back to BYU Hawaii! Isa!

Ether 12:27: "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Loloma levu,

Elda Barnaby






Our landlord's remodeling the flat! 
On the right you can kinda see what the floor looked like before.





Latest Rash - but it's gone now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment