Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, April 5, 2015

SA OTI NA TRAINING! SA OTI NA PAPITAISO NEI JIOJE! (Tavua Area, Week 12)

It's official - I'm done with my in-field training! After 6 weeks in the MTC and 12 weeks of in-field training, I am READY TO ROCK FIJI. Not that I haven't been doing that already.

We had my first baptism this past week! It was a wonderful experience for everyone! George, the person baptized, is the man! He's an older guy, and he's got a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! He's at church before everyone else, and he's the only one who wears a full suit! Everyone else wears sulus (the skirts and dress shirts, like in all my pictures). But I'm so happy for George - he's begun a wonderful journey that ends in eternal joy and happiness with our Father in Heaven.



It's been a rough week - probably the most eventful of my mission thus far. I threw up earlier this week, and the next morning went out to proselyte. The Lord's work never stops! I could have chosen to stay inside all day of course, but that's not how I want to be. There are lives to brighten, hearts to touch, and souls to save. That kind of wonderful work waits for no man! And I am not missing out on the opportunity I have to help as many people as I can!

This is Nancy, our favorite member! 
She's almost finished with her mission papers, I
 hope I'm here when she gets her call!


I'm going to start sharing a "Miracle of the Week" segment in these emails. This past Easter Sunday, we went to some appointments with investigators and less-actives, and everyone was busy. We tried visiting other people, but holidays are huge events here in Fiji. Everyone's gone at a party. It also didn't help that there was a Rugby game on. That was interesting - walking through the village and all of a sudden hearing shouts and screams from every home as Fiji scored. Anyway, we went to go visit Master Sharma, who teaches at one of the schools in town. We hadn't planned to see him - we were only going to go over there to ask if we could come by another day. As Sister Sharma opened the door, though, she gasped and said, "Elders! Come in, we were just praying you'd come by to give Brother Sharma a blessing!"

Elder Beilman and Bishop Tora's niece, 
Makareta (Margaret). She's from Kadavu.


That, my friends, is a miracle. Our Father in Heaven knows his children, and he also knows the missionaries. That's what we're here for - to be instruments in the hands of God, following the promptings of the Spirit, and blessing the lives of His children.

That is a miracle.

Happy Easter!

Elder Barnaby




Met this little girl on the bus. Her name is Silo - cutest little thing! 
She taught me how to sing 
"If You're Happy and You Know It" in Fijian.

"Kevaka ko mamarau, tukuna emeni!"

RAICA - the Korowere Squad. 
We ran into these kids when looking for some people out in the Vatukoula settlements. 
They were the bomb. 
They called themselves the "Korowere Squad", 
after the village they're from.

No comments:

Post a Comment