Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, March 27, 2016

True Conversion (Samabula 2nd Area, Week 7)


This week flew by so fast, I can't even believe it's Monday again! Last week was definitely a big week, for me, for the area, and for everything in between.
Service this week - helping Tomasi 
wash cars at the Fiji LDS Service Center.

We had a pretty tough week, more sickness and lots of fall throughs, but a lot of breakthroughs, as well. Sisa Korologa is doing really good, he really enjoyed church last Sunday and told us that he's really been considering baptism lately. We may start teaching his cousin too, who lives with them and seems interested in taking lessons. The Lord is really directing his work here in Samabula!

I'm just going to emphasize one thing: Baptism. Sofaia Matanatabu got baptized last Saturday, and she went through so much to get there but she didn't give up once. She was talked about and made fun of and threatened, but she wouldn't let anything get in the way of her baptism. And I don't think I've ever seen a happier person at her baptism and her confirmation on Sunday. She's just the absolute best, we love her! Plus, at her baptism, there was a lot of food - all planned out by her. What I really saw from her though was true conversion - she has been changed by this experience. She doesn't just believe the gospel and the Church, she is converted to it. Sister Matanatabu told us that this time was different. She feels it. And so do we!





I love Fiji, so much. And I love serving these people. And I love serving the Lord. Maybe, before I go home, I can be as converted as Sister Matanatabu.


Elder Barnaby





Ward beach day!
(a Ward is a LDS congregation)


No comments:

Post a Comment