Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Lucky Number 13 (Samabula 2nd Area, Week 17)

Elder Ta'a's last day in Samabula - we had a race with Ben and Isikeli Dunn 
for exercise that morning (Ben won by a landslide - and he was the only on barefoot)
Transfers! Elder Ta'a left to go to Toga Branch in Nausori South Zone, and I am still here in
Samabula 2nd! I tend to spend a good amount of time in each area - at the end of this transfer, it will be nearly 6 months in Samabula 2nd (same as my stay in Taveuni and Tavua, the latter being my first and longest area).

My new companion is named Elder Kahia, he just finished his
My newest companion - Elder Kahia!
training in Dratabu, Nadi and he is my 13th companion. Lucky number 13! Not often do people have this many compnaions - I'm just lucky I guess! Elder Kahia is from Brisbane, Australia, he's 18 years old and he's way funny. He loves the Fijian people and is just a great positive guy to be around. I feel like this is going to be a way fun transfer!


photo credit to Ezekiel Dunn

We got Elder Ta'a all ready to go on Friday to Toga Branch (which is funny, because it's pronounced the same way as "Tonga", which is where Elder Ta'a is from), said some goodbyes, Sister Matanatabu made us a big pot of kokoda (raw fish salad - and she made us finish it ourselves), and we parted ways. Elder Ta'a is my longest companion, and I definitely learned a ton from him in our 3 1/2 months together. He's a really fantastic missionary - and nothing stops him!

Rosi and Jeri are officially married! They put the Lord first, and to be honest, I haven't seen them happier. We sat down with them on Saturday and set Rosi's baptismal date for the 18th of this month. She's really excited to be baptized, and her husband wants to sit in on every lesson to help her to understand everything! Those Matanatabus are so inspiring. Sister Matanatabu is having a bit of trouble - she got a new job, which requires her to work on Sundays. Prayers for her would be great, so she can figure out that situation to be able to keep the Sabbath Day holy and come to church.
Just outside the temple, we ran into the Tora family from my first area - Tavua! 
Nina, the one in the center, was my second convert in the mission.

Nice view from Nauluvatu settlement
We're doing lots of finding, trying to expand our teaching pool and see more people this transfer. We're hoping and praying for miracles, which I know will come as we work hard and are obedient and prayerful to the Lord. After all, Elder Kahia is lucky number 13! Let's go Samabula! Go Fiji go!







Elder Barnaby

I got a new name tag - Fijian style!







No comments:

Post a Comment