Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Body Hates Me (Tavua Area, Week 10)


Bula tale!

I can't believe it's been 10 weeks since I've gotten to Fiji - 16 since leaving home! The time is flying so fast. I wish it would slow down a little.

Except that my body actually hated me this week.

We went down to Lautoka for Zone P-Day last week - that was the most fun I've had in a long time! We played touch-Rugby in the pouring rain. So fun! We got absolutely soaked, and my District wrecked! And none of us play Rugby!

We had Zone Conference on Tuesday in Nadi - boy, that was amazing. President Layton came to speak to us. As my companion says, "That man is on a different spiritual level." Dina sara ga. I learned so much about becoming a successful missionary, I hope I can apply it all! We each had an interview with President, too - one on one. That was a wonderful experience, too.


My Zone

Then began the part where my body hated me. From Monday on, I started developing some rash on my hand and knee. At first, I didn't think anything of it. Then it started spreading. And it itched like crazy. I asked the mission nurse what it was, and she didn't know! No one seemed to know! The rash started blistering with pimples, kind of like what happens when you get Poison Ivy really bad. Except
they don't have Poison Ivy here. And then, to top it off, I ate something that just didn't agree with me. That was a way rough night. But I'm getting better, no doubt thanks to a healing blessing that my companion administered to me. He's the man - and so is the Lord.

We had a baptism planned for this week, but the person isn't quite ready yet. Maybe in a few weeks. Two of our investigators lost interest in the Church, and we had so many fall-throughs this week. It was way disappointing. But Elder Beilman and I aren't giving up.


After all, there are lives to brighten, hearts to touch, and souls to save :) The Lord's work will go forward! We may be low right now, but as we increase our faith and trust in Him and His timing, He will bring us higher.

Love you all! Au lomani kemudou kece!


Elder Barnaby
 There is beauty all around- 
         Especially in Fiji 

No comments:

Post a Comment