Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Safety from the Storm (Tavua Area, Week 9)

Bula everyone!

I'm keeping this one short today, we have to get going down to a Zone Conference with a lot of other missionaries today and tomorrow. There's some great pictures with stories this week, and that's all I'm going to say.

This is the storm - at least, the worst it got in Fiji. 
A few nights ago the wind and rain were insane, 
and it blew into our flat at one point. But that's as bad as it got.
I want everyone to know that we are okay here in Fiji. Cyclone Pam, which was headed towards us, was miraculously driven away - no doubt because of the many prayers in our behalf! From what I heard, it was devastatingly powerful - if it had hit Fiji, we're in the western part of Viti Levu, and it would have done massive damage to us. Thankfully, we were only hit with some heavy rainfall and some wind. Elder Beilman and I were getting excited for the storm - now, we're immensely glad it missed us! Thank you for your prayers for our protection, and more importantly, the protection of the Fijian people! Please keep the people of Vanuatu and other small islands in your prayer, as they weren't as lucky as we were.

We built this...
Manly Battle scars!!
one of the metal sheets on top cut my hand

We've got a big week ahead, so next week's update is going to ROCK! The Lord's work won't be stopped, not by storms or men or whatever it be! Onward, ever onward!


Elder Barnaby

We met some Fijian members from Sydney, Australia on Monday - way cool family! 
Their son-in-law, who took the picture, is a High Councilman in Suva, 
and he knows one of the Elders from my intake!

This is Solomoni and Brother Vauvau.  We had the privilege of being there as this 
amazing father baptized his son!  It was a good day!  We got cake, too!
This is the explanation for the ninja picture last week. 
Ninja massacre, for District Meeting (there was a purpose, I swear)
Missionary training can be fun!  
( Elder Beilman and I didn't fair so well - I'm in the back face down)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Max. I'm really enjoying following along with you on your amazing journey. I had a little pull with the storm and willed it away from Fiji! ;-) LOL. Very happy it missed you and you are safe. Keep up the great work. Love, Auntie Pam

    ReplyDelete