Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Here Comes the Kingdom (Nakelo Area, Week 6)

The view from Lomainasau is pretty breathtaking at sundown

My "ponderizing" (memorize + ponder= ponderizing) scripture this week was from Doctrine and Covenants 65:5, and it talked about how we need to call upon the Lord for His kingdom to come. And here it comes.



This week was just a blur of miracles - I'm so exhausted and can hardly collect my thoughts.  Heavenly Father has been so good to us this week. Let me see if I can explain it a little.


(Side Note: I just totally blanked on my English there - I could think of the Fijian word for "explain", but I had no idea what the English was)
Can you tell which one is Elder Tabala? #justkidding #ruanavuaka

I was praying so hard this week, and Elder Tabala and I worked as hard as we could. At first, it was rough - maybe one lesson per day, but then it started picking up near the end of the week. By Saturday, we'd committed 7 investigators and their families to attend church, and 4 of our "returning members" as well. Sunday morning came, and we got a phone call from Susana. She told us she would be at church that morning - I just about exploded. After I hung up, I started jumping around the house, overjoyed. Her coming to church on Sunday solidified her baptism for the 31st, as she needed to attend just one more Sunday to qualify for baptism. If that wasn't good enough, while walking to church, we saw Miri, one of our returning members, and her investigator-husband, Tevita, headed towards the chapel. In total, we had 4 investigators and 2 returning members at church. I was so, so, so happy. It was a fantastic Sunday, a fantastic end to the week.

In addition to that, we kept handing out the Temple invitations, and we saw so many people get excited. The Open House starts today, and some of our members here in Nakelo, Brother and Sister Ligica, are some of the tour guides. They attended the VIP Tour last Wednesday, when the Prime Minister, Bainimarama, and other government officials toured the newly renovated temple.

Check out the article at:
for pictures and more information about the Temple! The rededication of the Fiji Suva Temple is making waves in Fiji, and it's bringing miracles to these people like you wouldn't believe!


Looks like someone wants to go for a ride in the boat
Transfers are this week. I find out tomorrow if I'm leaving Nakelo. I hope with all my heart that I can stay, so I can attend Susana's baptism on Sunday and continue to work among some of the best people I've met in all of Fiji, maybe in all the world. I love it here. But I'd much rather that the will of the Lord be done. "Glory be to the Father," said Christ, and I want to be like Him, so glory be to Him whom we call Deity, our eternal loving Heavenly Father. 

Love you! Loloma levu mai vei keirau kei Elda Tabala!
Elda Barnaby


This is Brother Delana and some of his kids. And yes, that's Temple Run.
This is Ratuisoa Batidradra - 
just him and his grandmother are members

No comments:

Post a Comment