Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, February 7, 2016

I Love To See The Temple (Nakelo Area, Week 8)


We visited the Suva Fiji Temple Open House this week with a 
bus load of members and investigators


In the reception tent after 
the Temple Open House 
tour with Susana

Boy - it's been quite a week here in Fiji! They just finished up the Temple Open House on Saturday. The grand total: 22,483 guests came to take the free tour. It was a special time! Apparently, on the last day, 28 bus-loads of people came from the western half of Viti Levu to see the Temple, including
people from Tavua (I wasn't there to see them, though). We went with a bus-load from Nakelo, including two investigators, our recently baptized friend Susana, and several of our less active members. It was the best - it's been well over a year since I've been to the Temple, and even though it's not yet dedicated, I felt such a powerful spirit in the House of the Lord. It's rededication is less than 2 weeks away!

Some of my favorite smiles
at the temple
On the 20th of February, there will be the celebration for the rededication of the Suva Fiji Temple, and the missionaries have a part in the end with the youth. Here's the message from President Layton:

"The Temple Celebration will be streamed live over the internet. You can send the following link to family and friends, if they desire to view it: 
The broadcast will begin streaming live on Saturday, 20 February 2016 at 3:00 p.m. Fiji Time (Friday, 19 February 2016 at 10:00 p.m. EST)"

I thought I wouldn't find scenic shots in Nakelo
 #provenwrong

We had some fantastic miracles this week. While visiting Susana in Lomainasau, she told us about

one of her nephews, Peni, who had told her that he wanted to take lessons. We were intrigued, so we asked her where his house was in the village and then we went to find it. When we met him, before we'd even finished introducing ourselves, the 23-year old guy asked us, "How do I become a member of the church?" His cousin, Judi, sat down with us and was interested as well, and by the time we left, they both had committed to being baptized at the end of March. After we left, it took all of our willpower not to scream and shout for joy in the middle of the village. Miracles.

#provenwrongagain

My first District Meeting went really well - it's stressful being District Leader, but it's also really blessing me to focus myself and become the best missionary and best person I can possibly be. The Lord is amazing - He's forming me into someone that people can follow. I don't know any other explanation for it than that He's doing all the heavy lifting and I'm watching in awe. I feel so blessed to be in Fiji at this time and in this area with one of my favorite companionships, Elder Raiqisa and Elder Lemusu. I testify that Heavenly Father is a God that truly loves His children, more than any of us can comprehend.
We are the most diverse companionship in Fiji


Service this week, digging a "qara ni benu" 
(garbage hole - there's no dumps in the bush) for some members - 
I got a serious sunburn!
We're prepping for a baptism this week, Sami Tavuto, a 9-year-old son of a member who hasn't been baptized yet. We're also getting ready for a fun Nakelo Branch activity this Saturday - pictures will be insane! I love being here in Fiji, and I love you all!


Quote of the Week: "Put God first, regardless of the trials you face."



An Elder Barnaby who just always seems to be happy nowadays

Microwave cake anyone? (It was actually delicious)

No comments:

Post a Comment