Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Darkness Cannot Gain Victory Over the Light of Christ (Tavua Area, Week 22)

Bula everyone! I wish I could be sending my love in a happier time, but I'm going through a rough point in my life.

We had a fun week - we brought Nancy on Tuesday and Saturday to some appointments. She's waiting on her mission call, and she is extremely bright and good at missionary work! I'm a little jealous! When she serves, she will be so ready to go. She was a great help, and with her we were able to help some people draw a little closer to Christ.

We had a wonderful time at Zone Conference on Thursday. There, we talked about the Book of Mormon and how powerful it is in our lives and in the lives of those we teach. I definitely gained a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon, and especially learned a lot about Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life. Way cool stuff! My invitation to you today is to pick up a copy of the Book of Mormon and try reading a little bit. If you've already read it, read it again and ponder the message of Christ it contains. Then pray about it. This invitation is for everyone - young, old, male, female, tall, short, powerful, weak, member and non-member.

The Fiji Suva Mission is doing a "Book of Mormon Read" together, and we are going to determine the top 50 chapters of the Book of Mormon. Each missionary will read the Book of Mormon by November and record his or her 50 favorite chapters. Then, all of the results will be compiled and we will see once and for all the Fiji Suva Mission's 50 favorite chapters of the Book of Mormon. If you want something fun to do with your family, do this too!

Like I said, I've been having a bit of a hard time, and I would appreciate prayers in my behalf. Not because I want you to do things for me, but because I know of the power of prayer and of faith. I'm in a bit of a low spot, but I know there's hope. Like President Dieter F. Uchtdorf says, "There's always the hope of God's light."
He also says, "Darkness cannot succeed. Darkness cannot gain victory over the light of Christ."


It's always darkest before the dawn, and the greatest growth comes with the hardest challenges. Here's my promise to you: I will work hard and become better this week, and next week, you will hear from a changed man. You will hear from a man who is happier, healthier, and holier - changed through the Atonement of Christ the Lord.

"Hope on. Journey on." - Jeffrey R. Holland

Vinaka vakalevu. Me vakalougatataki kemudou na Kalou.

Elder Barnaby

Brother and Sister Tuilawa

No comments:

Post a Comment