Fiji Suva Mission

Fiji Suva Mission

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Lord's Work Will "Roll On" (Tavua Area, Week 20)

Fiji....is....perfection
That is a direct quote from Mormon 8:22 (look it up, it's true). Things happened this week to shake up my world just a little bit, and it's good to read a scripture like that to get that reassurance that Heavenly Father is in control.

Actually, lots has happened in the past week. All of a sudden, on Wednesday, my companion and I
...new companion! his name's Elder Vole, he's Samoan from New Zealand! 
And he's the man sara ga!

went all the way to Suva, the capital of Fiji. There was a special transfer going on and I ended up with a new companion - Elder Vole! He's Samoan from New Zealand, and he's been out for 1 year and 9 months. He's arguably one the best missionaries I've ever met! And his Fijian makes me sound like a try-hard tourist!

President Layton, the Fiji Suva Mission President, told me that it was time for me to "step up" and learn as much as I can from Elder Vole. He's seen it all, he's been to more areas than most missionaries, and he's had a wide variety of companions. He humble, patient, and very good at helping people - whether they be from Fiji or Massachusetts. President Layton said to me that the Mission Field is the best place for me to change - to change from who I was before to who my Heavenly Father wants me to become. It's already started to happen, and I've got about a year and a half to do all I can to learn and grow and change into that person.

Finally got my Fijian badge!!!
(For such a huge week, I don't have anything to say)

This week marks five months total in Fiji - and I love it. I am filled with so much peace knowing that what I am doing is for the eternal benefit of anyone that will listen to my voice. I may not be perfect, but the message I carry is perfect, and the Person I represent is perfect. Always remember the Savior. It's His work. It's His plan. He's been through everything you have, and He knows how to best help you. And all you have to do it let Him lead you on.

That's what I'm trying to do. I testify that it is the best way -- and He is the only way.

Elder Barnaby


P.S. I was really sorry to hear about the passing of Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of Twelve Apostles. Please keep his family in your prayers. Naka :)
Fiji....is....perfection

The Tora family - different from Bishop Tora's family! 
But still just as awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment